Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tribute to Kieran


Kieran has left Mongolia. If you do not know him, he is everyone's favorite barroom companion, who not only has a good ear, but can also tell some pretty funny yarns. At his going away party, he was on top form. This was aided by the kegs of Chingis Beer and bottles of Chingis Vodka. For his final toast, he gave the now famous quote, "Hey, my name is Kieran and I am an asshole, but I am the nicest asshole you will ever meet. And when you leave here, you're going to meet a whole hell of a lot more assholes." And similar to FDR'S famous words, John says, "He's an asshole, but at least he is our asshole." Happy Trails and best of luck at the Defense Department.

1 comment:

Heal the World said...

Hi. Could you help me please! I met Kieran when he just came to Mongolia and lived in Khutul, near Darkhan city, learned Mongolian life style summer lesson here with some other funny guys. And after he came to Zavkhan aimag and we never met again. I want to find any contact to him and I will really appreciated if you help me. damisure@gmail.com