Monday, March 31, 2008

China and Pre Indonesia Arrival

Over the holidays, I traveled to Beijing and Hainan Island with my girlfriend. In Hainan, Zaya and I enjoyed the escape from Ithaca and Mongolian winters and passed the days at the beach, coffee shops, and street food stands of Sanya. While in Beijing, we were able to explore the Summer Palace with my aunt and uncle who have recently returned to Beijing from the States.

Before leaving for Indonesia, I spent a week in Ithaca catching up with friends and binding my thesis. Also squeezed a short trip back to WV to see my parents and hike to the hawk observatory.

To pay homage to my Scandinavian ancestors, I scheduled a layover in Stockholm before arrival in SE Asia. I was impressed with the hardwood floors of the airport, but was lukewarm about the UP like winter scenery.

















No comments: